[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Upload question

Hi Stephen,

On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 01:12:11PM -0400, Stephen Gran wrote:
> I just saw the release status update on devel-announce (thanks for
> theat, BTW), and I had a question about it.  I have gotten two
> translation related bug reports about clamav, and I would like to see
> these closed before sarge releases.  My understanding is that if I am to
> do so, I need to upload to testing-proposed-updates, rahter than sid,
> and then also upload a regular package to sid, so that sid users also
> see the update.  Is this correct, or am I missing something?

clamav is not part of the base system, does not have any binaries of
priority standard or higher, and does not depend on KDE.  For now,
please upload your changes to sid only with medium or high urgency, and
we can probably push it through to testing if needed.  If the same
changes are needed for both sarge and sid, one build is better than two.
(And using t-p-u definitely means two uploads, since clamav is at the
same version in testing and unstable right now:  uploaded versions must
be testing << t-p-u << unstable.)

> Also, is this even worth it?  I tend to think yes - I think that the
> translation effort is important, but I hate to upload a muli-binary
> package for 2 translation fixups when the autobuilders are already
> swamped.  If people feel that it is not worth it, please let me know,
> and I'll hold off.

Yes, getting translations up-to-date is definitely important for the
release; please don't let the buildd backlog keep you from making
necessary uploads.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

Reply to: