[PROPOSAL] 2.4.27 as default 2.4 kernel for sarge

  Based on discussions on the debian-kernel list[1], I'd like to propose
that we use 2.4.27 as the 2.4 kernel for all architectures with 2.4 kernels
in sarge.  The strongest arguments for 2.4.27, as opposed to 2.4.26 were noted
by tbm [3].

  All 2.4 architectures have 2.4.27 kernel images built.  alpha, mips
and s390 have 2.4.27 images already in sarge.  hppa, m68k, i386, ia64,
and mips have images available in sid.  arm, powerpc, and sparc have images
awaiting approval in the NEW queue.

  linux-kernel-di is at 2.4.26 for alpha, sparc, s390, m68k, and i386.  These
packages will need to be updated, and will need to go through the NEW queue.
linux-kernel-di for arm, hppa and powerpc are on 2.4.25, so will also need to
be updated.  ia64, mips and mipsel already have 2.4.27 linux-kernel-di
packages.

  Various tasks are in a hold pattern until this decision is made (ensuring
that d-i uses the proper kernel, removal of other kernel packages from
sarge, rebuilding of some packages to fix build-dep issues[4]), so I'd
like to uncover any problems with this proposal quickly.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2004/08/msg00586.html
[2] http://people.debian.org/~dannf/kernel-stats/kernel-avail.html
[3] http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2004/08/msg00632.html
[4] http://people.debian.org/~dannf/kernel-stats/kern-dep.html