Re: Closing bug (Was: Broken versioned Depends on quantmod)

On 6 June 2018 at 14:08, Andreas Tille wrote:
| Hi Dirk,
|
| On Wed, Jun 06, 2018 at 06:35:45AM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| >
| > Sounds good. The weirder issue that I _had_ in fact fixed that with
| > debian/patches file to alter the upstream DESCRIPTION.
|
| I just used this workaround for r-cran-pbkrtest which I just NMUed.

I really *really* REALLY *REALLY* don't like this. Please DO NOT NMU unless
you email first and ideally get an Ack or Ok.

We both did this at the same time which is an utter waste of my time. And
honestly I do not have that much to throw away.

| Would you mind contacting upstream about this issue?

I will not as I disagree on the merits. That is entirely a self-inflicted
wound on the Debian side.

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org