Re: What to do with the "Upstream info" links in the PTS and the packages-metadata branch in collab-qa ?

Hi Paul,

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 01:46:46PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:

> > The Debian Med team includes upstream information from these files
> > in its "tasks" pages (see <https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio>
> > for example), using the UDD as a gatherer.
>
> This is using upstream-metadata.debian.net, seems like it will need
> updating if a replacement shows up.

I can not parse this?  The UDD gatherer is not using
upstream-metadata.debian.net.  It is rather reading Git repositories of
selected Blends teams (formerly on Alioth now rewritten for Salsa[1]).
The UDD gatherer consumes more data than only debian/upstream/metadata
but also about prospective packages.  It does not depend from
umegaya nor upstream-metadata.debian.net.

> Update vcswatch to scan each repo for upstream metadata files and
> export those.

May be vcswatch and fetch-machine-readable_salsa[1] should be merged.
I'm pretty sure that there is a lot room for enhancement at least for
the latter.

> Update the UDD gatherer to use the Contents-source files
> from the local mirror and extract upstream metadata files. Update the
> UDD gatherer to import the vcswatch results too.

For the Blends purpose Contents-source files are not sufficient since
also Vcs of non-released packages is read and we consume always latest
changes from Git and not from possibly way outdated uploaded packages.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/blends-team/website/blob/master/misc/machine_readable/fetch-machine-readable_salsa.py

--