Re: What to do with the "Upstream info" links in the PTS and the packages-metadata branch in collab-qa ?

Hi Paul, and Stuart,

Le Tue, May 08, 2018 at 09:47:05AM +0800, Paul Wise a écrit :

> Is the code for this somewhere? Looks like it got deleted from alioth.

I was a bit over-zealous and cleaned the Alioth repository recently, but
the source is still on <https://umegaya.branchable.com/> and I can
transfer it to Salsa if there is interest.

Regarding the bug that I could not track down, here is the link to the
call for help that I sent in 2014:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2014/06/msg00022.html

Le Tue, May 08, 2018 at 06:02:36PM +1000, Stuart Prescott a écrit :

> Are there any other consumers of these files?

The Debian Med team includes upstream information from these files
in its "tasks" pages (see <https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio>
for example), using the UDD as a gatherer.

Le Tue, May 08, 2018 at 05:22:40PM +0800, Paul Wise a écrit :

> The main value is aggregating the information and standardising it,
> within upstream codebases the info could be in DOAP files or READMEs
> or README.foo or HACKING etc. Some things like fundraising might only
> be on the upstream website.

Indeed, it would be great if we could signal to our users where to
gratify the upstream authors, and I have been hoping that the
upstream-metadata could be helpful for this.  But maybe this is more the
scope of AppStream <https://appstream.debian.org/> ?

Have a nice day,

Charles

--