Re: lintian errors/warnings on ddpo-by-mail emails

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 01:43:55AM -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> But despite all that my original question hasn't quite been
> answered.

Hasn't it?

> Gregor is in favour of sending messages even if only lintian issues
> exist, but Lucas doesn't like the idea.  What about something in
> between? only errors if another issue exists for the same given
> package? or only errors if there's an issue for any of the
> co-/maintained packages?

I'm fine with mentioning the lintian errors and warnings in the mail,
with that not being a reason to send that email. However, only
"certain" items should be mentioned that way (I know the certainty
might be buggy, but everything can be, and that would be yet another
chance to fix it).

Still, a answer you did receive and on which I did not get how you
intend to proceed, is that serious/certain lintian errors should be
reported as RC bugs and as such, will be "inherited" by the
ddpo-by-mail message. What is your take on that? Given that you,
presumably, have the code already, would you be willing to be the bug
submitter? Do we want a process for that or automatic bug submission
(on the basis of the certainty being "certain")?

Cheers.