Re: lintian errors/warnings on ddpo-by-mail emails

Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> I really don't think that we should send emails to maintainers if they
> only have lintian errors (no other problems, like RC bugs). If those
> lintian errors are so grave, maybe (RC) bugs should be filed?

Every check has a severity and certainty, so in theory if they those issues
were files as bug reports the severity mentioned in the check is the one
that should be used in the bug report.

Check the following page for some ideas.
http://lintian.debian.org/tags-severity.html

If you think the severity and/or certainty of a given tag is incorrect then
please do file a bug report against lintian so that it is discussed if
needed and fixed.

Raphael Geissert - Debian Maintainer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net