Re: lintian errors/warnings on ddpo-by-mail emails

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 10:33:07PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > If you think the severity and/or certainty of a given tag is incorrect then
> > please do file a bug report against lintian so that it is discussed if
> > needed and fixed.
> Then how about sending a mail if one of the packages has (serious,
> certain) lintian errors?

I like modularity.

-  ddpo-by-mail already mails about RC bugs.
-  (serious, certain) lintian errors warrant RC bugs [1]
=> THEN (serious, certain) lintian errors should be filed as RC bugs.

You gain the following:

1) no need to special-case lintian errors in ddpo-by-mail
2) RC bugs are "useful" for other purposes (migration, stats, MIA, ...)

Cheers.

[1] or at least it seems so to me, by looking at the page given by
    Raphael/.