Re: First motif commits

On 7 February 2013 08:53, Paul Gevers <elbrus@debian.org> wrote:
On 07-02-13 07:03, Graham Inggs wrote:
> The only other thing I can think of is splitting libmotif-dev into
> libxm4-dev, libmrm4-dev, libuil4-dev

Don't you think this is a little overkill? Not that I have a strong
objection, but do we really need so many packages? Hmm, looking at e.g.
libav, I guess it is not strange.

Stefano agreed with you about multiple -dev packages being overkill.  I did go ahead though, with splitting uil into its own package and marking it multiarch: foreign, it could be used for multiarch cross-compiling.

I relocated and split the non-library files from libxm4 into an architecture-independent libmotif-common package, as discussed previously.

I also changed some of the descriptions of your split packages and ran wrap-and-sort.  In doing so I found some blank lines in libxm4.install and uil.install.

I decided to rename your fix_lintian_reported_manpage_typos.patch and while updating the series file I noticed that 06-cast-size_t-to-int.patch hadn't been in since January 13, so I replaced it.

I don't have any further changes planned, so I await your comments.