Re: First motif commits

On 3 February 2013 23:34, Paul Gevers <elbrus@debian.org> wrote:

Not perfect yet, but I did some of the work on the split (bed time now
though). Pushed to the repo.

Ah, I actually did this on Thursday and Friday last week, although I went as far as making a libmotif-common as well.

Does this also count for the bitmaps? (Not implemented by me yet).

I did split the bitmaps off into libmotif-common, but left them located at /usr/include/X11/bitmaps.
I thought of moving these to /usr/share/X11/bitmaps, but /usr/include/X11/bitmaps seems to be used by other X packages as well.

>>     Also, /usr/lib/X11/system.mwmrc can be relocated to
>>     /usr/share/X11, but remain in package mwm.
>
> Have to investigate, but I assume for know you know what you are proposing.

Not yet looked into, but if you think this is reasonable (it sounds like
it), please show how you want to do it.

This location is checked by mwm for a system menu if one does not exist in the user's home directory.
Shall I push my proposed changes to git or would it be better to attach a diff here for discussion?
(this is why I didn't push my proposed split for libmotif as well)