Re: xlsxwriter: How to change homepage url

Hi Christian,

c.buhtz@posteo.jp writes:

> Dear Emmanuel,
>
> Am 15.09.2021 21:36 schrieb Emmanuel Arias:
>> Looking in the salsa repo [0], it is very old. And that shouldn't
>> happen. I
>> can updated to the last unstable version tonight/tomorrow.
>
> Just to improve my knowledge about Debian processes: What does it mean
> to update the salsa repo to the current upstream? Is it the same as
> create a new package? Or is it just one step into creating a new
> package?

I didn't look at the packages in question, but as a matter of team
policy, the Debian Python Team uses git-buildpackage repositories, with
pristine-tar, and a repo's layout is as follows:

1. Pristine-tar branch (upstream tarball is imported here)
2. Upstream branch (upstream tarball is unpacked here)
3. Debian packaging branch (name varies)
   * https://dep-team.pages.debian.net/deps/dep14/ is the standardisation
   effort the DPT has adopted.
   * another key phrase is a "patches unapplied" packaging branch.

`gbp import-orig --pristine-tar --uscan` downloads the latest tarball
and puts it in #1, then unpacks it to #2, then creates an
upstream/new_version tag on this upstream branch, then merges that tag
to #3.  One then needs update the version of the current changelog entry
(if UNRELEASED), or create a new one with `dch
-v$new_upstream_version-1`.  Finally, one may need to use `gbp pq` to
import, rebase, and export an existing quilt patch series onto the new
upstream release.

  https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/python-modules/blob/master/policy.rst#git-procedures
  https://wiki.debian.org/Python/FAQ
  https://wiki.debian.org/Python/GitPackaging

Other teams/individuals have different policies and practises.

'hope that helps!
Regards,
Nicholas