Re: xlsxwriter: How to change homepage url

Dear Emmanuel,

Am 15.09.2021 21:36 schrieb Emmanuel Arias:
Looking in the salsa repo [0], it is very old. And that shouldn't happen. I
can updated to the last unstable version tonight/tomorrow.

Just to improve my knowledge about Debian processes: What does it mean to update the salsa repo to the current upstream? Is it the same as create a new package? Or is it just one step into creating a new package?

Or, perhaps Christian (the initial of this thread) can/want to do it (Christian,
write to me if you need help)?

Not yet, thanks. I am to fresh and will focus on one package only ("feedparser") to improve my learning.
But I will look at "xlsxwriter" and learn.

btw: I am not sure if this list is the right place. But the DPMT is
named as "uploaders" of that package. And I am confused about that the
"maintainer" is a ubuntu-list (Team?).

That would be great, but I would leave it to the current maintainer to do
that, also seems to be a group ¿?.  I cc to the maintainer(s).

They still answered my question on their own list:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/checkbox-devel/2021-September/000491.html

They do not want to maintain anymore. And they asked about open a WNPP for it.

This would have been my question, too. If we do not create a new package version now how could we document the new information's about the maintainership somewhere for someone in the future?

As a newcomer, I am taking a step back so as not to cause more trouble. ;) I would like to suggest that someone from the experienced DD here answer the maintainer direct what the next steps should be and who should do them. Would be nice if you could put me into CC.

Kind
Christian