Re: "search.html doesn't look like a Sphinx search page"

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 08:00:26PM +0100, Pietro Battiston wrote:
> I want to make clear that I do not oppose the view that Google
> Analytics should be stripped off from documentation... I'm just saying
> that as far as I understand the policy doesn't state that. _Also_
> because it doesn't mention the privacy issue (and for instance the .js
> which is the subject of bug #637580 _could_ be provided locally, and
> that wouldn't entirely solve the bug according to the submitter).

It is probably true that the Debian Policy does not mandate that we
protect the privacy of our users. That should not have to be mandated:
it is clearly the right thing to do, just like we protect our users'
security.

--
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/docstory/mix-1-2-albanian