Re: Current state of packaging Python software for Debian

ah -- wishlist!

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011, Zygmunt Krynicki wrote:
> Can please we have standardized hooks to build sphinx documentation
> and run setup.py test tests? Can those hooks do the right thing with
> generated documentation (dealing all the boring .doc-base files,
> replacing jquery with symlinks, ensuring proper requirements are
> used).

and providing necessary tuning for matplotlib backends to assure
offscreen renderer (as I do e.g. in [1])

and not building documentation at all for binary-arch builds

and if we go wild:  take care about moving .so and _d.so
extensions into corresponding binary packages of architecture 'any', if
there is a corresponding python-MODULE-lib binary package  defined.
Otherwise it looks as ugly as  [2]

;-)

[1] https://github.com/yarikoptic/nitime/blob/HEAD/debian/rules
[2] https://github.com/yarikoptic/nipy/blob/debian/debian/rules#L46