Re: list of package for python_support -> dh_python2 ?

On Jun 10, 2011, at 10:02 AM, Paul Wise wrote:

>Personally I've always wondered why a Debian-specific helper should be
>needed instead of python upstream behaving the way we wanted.

Can you get more specific about this?  Obviously, there's little we can do
about Python 2, and I did spend Real Work Time on getting better support
specifically for Debian into Python 3.2.  I'm willing to do more for Python
3.3 but I'd like to better understand exactly what folks here think needs to
be done.

(Yes, I know about PEP 382 namespace packages.  We're working on it!)

-Barry