Re: list of package for python_support -> dh_python2 ?

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 1:40 AM, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> What is the process for deprecating python-support?  Who makes that decision?

Add a lintian warning saying that it is deprecated. Wait. File bugs on
all packages using it. Remove it and anything still depending on it.
The maintainer is responsible for declaring it is deprecated.

Personally I've always wondered why a Debian-specific helper should be
needed instead of python upstream behaving the way we wanted.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise