Re: Current state of packaging Python software for Debian

W dniu 14.06.2011 16:45, Barry Warsaw pisze:

I want to be a conduit between Debian and upstream, so please, I encourage
everyone who has concrete issues that can help the Debian story, to raise them
here.  Python is a big ship so it takes time to steer, but as I hope I've
shown with PEP 3147 and 3149, we *can* steer it into a more Debian-friendly
direction.

Can please we have standardized hooks to build sphinx documentation and run setup.py test tests? Can those hooks do the right thing with generated documentation (dealing all the boring .doc-base files, replacing jquery with symlinks, ensuring proper requirements are used).

Thanks
ZK