Re: RFS: didjvu, djvusmooth, pybtex

* Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org>, 2011-01-13, 15:33:
didjvu 0.2.1-1 - initial release

consider using dh_python2 instead of python-support

Out of curiosity, how is dh_python2 better thant python-support for
Python applications? (It's a 97% honest question!)

It's not better¹ and it's not worse. I asked to consider it for NEW package because I want dh_python2 to be the only helper in Wheezy and using pysupport has no advantages over dh_python2 when it comes to Python applications (I will ask the same for modules when 2.7 will be the only supported Python 2.X version and thus the same will be true for Python public modules).

What about backportability? Do you plan to backport dh_python2 to lenny? (I doesn't sound straight-forward, if doable at all.)

--
Jakub Wilk