Re: RFS: didjvu, djvusmooth, pybtex

[Jakub Wilk, 2011-01-13]
> * Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org>, 2011-01-11, 11:09:
>>> I would like to refresh the RFS for the following packets:
>>>
>>> didjvu	   0.2.1-1  - initial release
>>
>> consider using dh_python2 instead of python-support
>
> Out of curiosity, how is dh_python2 better thant python-support for
> Python applications? (It's a 97% honest question!)

It's not better¹ and it's not worse. I asked to consider it for NEW
package because I want dh_python2 to be the only helper in Wheezy and
using pysupport has no advantages over dh_python2 when it comes to
Python applications (I will ask the same for modules when 2.7 will be
the only supported Python 2.X version and thus the same will be true for
Python public modules).

I guess we should decide soon if we want to upgrade my personal goal to
project's goal or not - so far nobody protested very loudly when I
mentioned it on this list.

[¹] well, there are few minor features, but most applications will not
    use them probably. It should be faster, though.

>>> djvusmooth 0.2.8-2  - maintainer switch, standards bumped to 3.9.1
>>> pybtex	   0.14.1-1 - new upstream release
>>
>> who-uploads mentions Jakub. What did he say when you asked him to
>> upload these packages?
>
> I'm currently trying to get rid of these packages, so I'm not keen to
> sponsor them "forever". I'd love if someone else took care of them. :)
>
>> Is he busy?
>
> Of course I am!

:-)

FTR (Jakub knows that): I'm asking these questions every time I see a
request for sponsoring a package that is not NEW and there's no
"previous maintainer/sponsor is busy/not interested" sentence in the RFS
mail. It's much easier to sponsor something you previously sponsored as
you can assume you checked everything last time and you can just read
debdiff and test the package (and you already know how to test it!)
before uploading.