Re: Would like a sponsor to upload the new version of python-foolscap

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 12:15:43AM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> I was under the impression that the ‘#debian-python’ channel was a
> resource for use equally by anyone for discussion of maintaining Python
> packages in Debian. When did it become an in-group-versus-out-group club
> house, with credentials required for entry? Perhaps that should be
> announced better.

#debian-python is very much for general purpose discussion related to
Python packages/packaging in Debian, for everyone, whether they are in
the DPMT/PAPT or not. However, since the overwhelming majority of
people hanging around there are encouraged to / seem to prefer being
in those teams, I think the number of people who find the topic useful
for sponsorship requests would outnumber the number who would consider
such usage inappropriate.

Kumar
--
Intel engineering seem to have misheard Intel marketing strategy.  The
phrase was "Divide and conquer" not "Divide and cock up"