Re: Would like a sponsor to upload the new version of python-foolscap

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 1:50 AM, Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> Elliot Murphy <elliot@canonical.com> writes:
>
>> I've added foolscap to the /topic in #debian-python
>
> That strikes me as a rather obnoxious thing to do. Why change the topic
> for the whole channel, rather than just communicating as an individual
> asking for assistance?

02:17:36 -!- Topic for #debian-python: DPMT: pysilc, pyfiglet,
objgraph, python-django-rosetta, pyxdg, python-whisper, foolscap |
PAPT: ibid | RC bugs: http://tiny.pl/hhg32 | binNMUs for Py2.6:
http://tinyurl.com/ybshvqf | http://tinyurl.com/Py26Transition |
Byte-compile files: http://tinyurl.com/yzs8fpv |
http://tinyurl.com/Py24Removal

The topic of the channel seems like a perfectly reasonable place for
this kind of list, too, so I'm not sure why you object to it so
strongly. Are you even in the channel?