Re: Proposed update to the python policy

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 05:08:22PM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le vendredi 23 mars 2007 à 13:40 +0100, Piotr Ożarowski a écrit :
> > XB-Python-Type: "multiple" (compile for all installed [and supported by
> > 	the package] Python versions) or "single" (only for one Python version)
> >
> > That looks good to me
>
> And how do you ensure that this matches what's actually done inside
> debian/rules?

  XB is a binary package header. It's up to the dh_tool responsibility
to check that if the maintainer puts "single" and that there is multiple
python obviously supported it's wrong, and it should make the package
FTBFS.

  Obviously, the problem is harder when only one python version is
supported at the time, as you cannot made the difference between the
two.

  That's why I've not done any proposal yet, because the problem does
not look obvious in the first glance.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit