Re: Proposed update to the python policy

[Pierre Habouzit, 23.03.2007]
>   current in X?-P-V sucks a lot because X?-P-V explains which python
> version the package supports, whereas current is not about that but
> about the kind of packaging ways it has. This information should never
> have been folded in the same field, I only recently got what it really
> meant because of that. It's more than confusing.

OK

X?-Python-Version: informations about supported Python versions ("2.3-", ">2.3",
	">=2.4, <=2.7", etc.)
XB-Python-Type: "multiple" (compile for all installed [and supported by
	the package] Python versions) or "single" (only for one Python version)

That looks good to me

>   IMHO that's better suited to say that to the dh_tool. Like a :
>
>   dh_py{support,central} --single-version

another solution and it looks good as well. If it will set package type correctly
so that python-system (the one installed on target machine, not the one installed
on build machine) will byte-compile only for Python versions I want, then it's OK
with me. I'm able to control Python versions used during build time, if
I will be able to control it on target machine as well (through
XB-Python-Version and XB-Python-Type) than it's all what I want.

--
-=[     Piotr Ozarowski     ]=-
-=[ http://www.ozarowski.pl ]=-