Re: when would the gsoc winners list be announced ?

Reply in-line :-

On 02/05/2018, Laura Arjona Reina <larjona@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi Shirish

Hi Laura,

> (No need to CC me, I follow the -publicity list)

Cool.

FTR, I signed up and do now have a salsa account as well.

> El 1 de mayo de 2018 19:35:22 CEST, "shirish शिरीष" <shirishag75@gmail.com>
> escribió:
>>In-line :-
>>
>>On 01/05/2018, Laura Arjona Reina <larjona@debian.org> wrote:

<snipped>

> I think it's not the first year we try to have 2 mentors per project, but I
> will check.
> I'd like to keep the article short and focus on students since it is a
> simple welcome to them.

You are partially correct AFAIK. I have been following the Debian GSOC
list since 2015 and if memory serves correctly, that was the first time
that Daniel or one of the other admins. thought about having 2 mentors
for a single project.

See this thread onwards, while it talks about Android-SDK but is the same
with other projects as well

https://lists.debian.org/debian-outreach/2018/03/msg00082.html

>>c. Also link the names of the students with a profile or whatever.
>>

> Yes, that's pending.

I tried figuring out
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5166394929315840/?sp-page=3#projects

as well as https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2018/Projects/

but failed to figure out people's individual profiles. So it seems you
or whoever
has access to that info. could only share their profile.

There are some people who did introduce themselves in the outreach list but
shared their info. partly.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-outreach/2018/03/

but best would be either a link to their blog (if they blog)

or failing that their page at wiki.debian.org .

like https://wiki.debian.org/ShirishAgarwal

but again due to CamelCase https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camel_case

is and would be more trial and error.

So in a sense, both are out of reach for me.

Also Daniel's mail
https://lists.debian.org/debian-outreach/2018/03/msg00058.html
is pretty instructive on some of the issues as to why they decided to
forgo using the mailing list for students to introduce themselves for
GSOC (proper thread ids, url etc. )

Another small addition (if possible) would be to know how many people
applied, submitted
and how many were selected (the last is known 29 people) .

I have added Pranav and Jaminy who are co-admins of GSOC this year if
not mistaken.
They may be able to share some of the info. as well.

<snipped>

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल