Re: when would the gsoc winners list be announced ?

Hi Shirish

(No need to CC me, I follow the -publicity list)

El 1 de mayo de 2018 19:35:22 CEST, "shirish शिरीष" <shirishag75@gmail.com> escribió:
>In-line :-
>
>On 01/05/2018, Laura Arjona Reina <larjona@debian.org> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
><snipped>
>
>Dear Laura,
>
>Thank you for responding quickly.
>

>> Yesterday I gathered the list of students and projects and I've just
>> pushed an initial draft to the bits repo:
>>

>https://salsa.debian.org/publicity-team/bits/blob/master/content/2018/welcome-summer-interns-2018.md
>>
>> it needs work (contributions welcome!) but I would like to publish
>the
>> article on Wednesday or Thursday at most.
>>

> I just had a look and while I'm sure the points are probably in your
>radar here goes nothing -
>
>a. Give a two three line info. on each project.
>
>b. Share the names of the mentors as well. AFAIK, this time it will be
>2 mentors per project which would be unique, challenging and
>interesting to see through.

I think it's not the first year we try to have 2 mentors per project, but I will check.
I'd like to keep the article short and focus on students since it is a simple welcome to them.

>c. Also link the names of the students with a profile or whatever.

Yes, that's pending.

>d. At the time when GSOC ends, it might make for an interesting
>article if one is able to see if there is any difference in stats for
>students completing GSOC as that's the whole point.
>
>If it helps, I could do the above in Wordpress and put the whole thing
>as an attachment in a mail and send it to debian-publicity team .
>
>I do have my alioth  -guest credentials but it isn't clear as those
>credentials are good enough or not or have to separately register ?
>
>https://signup.salsa.debian.org/

The -guest accounts in Alioth have not been migrated, you need to register your account in Salsa.

Downloading the .md file that I linked before and sending diffs to the mailing list it is also ok, using git or salsa is not mandatory :-)

Cheers
--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona