Re: [DONE] wml://News/weekly/2011/14/index.wml

Jeremiah C. Foster wrote:
> Justin B Rye wrote:
>> Jeremiah C. Foster wrote:

>>> Do you ever do a check in?
>>>
>>> $ svn ci
>>>
>>> Then your changes will get committed back to the server.
>>
>> No, never; I just follow the above procedure copied from
>> http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews/HowToContribute.  There's nothing
>> in svn(1), but http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn-book.html seems
>> to say that "ci" is simply an alias for "commit",
>
> Yup, exactly. From the man page for svn; "commit (ci): Send changes
> from your working copy to the repository."

Where in the packaged man page do you see that?  See
"http://manpages.debian.net/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=svn";.

>> so I doubt this is the explanation.
>
> I didn't see a commit step in the work flow you outlined which is
> why I asked. Perhaps you're committing you changes through another
> means? Or perhaps you've missed the commit step (which would explain
> why they're not showing up on the server.)

Did you read the bit where I "svn -m 'COMMENT' commit index.wml"?

> Jeremaih

Oh, now you're just playing troll-the-proofreader :-)
--
JBR - and today's single word in West Greenlandic is:
Atuakkiurtunngurtussaavutit "You should become a writer"