Re: Linux Magazin Special about Debian

On 11/16/06, Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@ftbfs.de> wrote:
On Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 19:20:31 -0200, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> On 11/16/06, Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@ftbfs.de> wrote:
> >[ CCed: MrFai, Madduck, Madkiss, aba, Joey, Henning Sprang, Tolimar,
> >        nobse, feivel, Oliver Frommel (LNM), Heike Jurzik, panthera ]
> >
> >Hi,
> >
> >i had quite a good talk with Oliver Frommel and Rosi from Linux New
> >Media at Linux World Expo Germany, yesterday evening. Linux New Media
> >would like to make a Linux Magazin Special about Debian directly after
> >release of Etch. This means, we need about 20 (3-4 pages each) articles
> >about Debian by the end of December.
> >
> >We did a bit of brainstorming directly after the Linux New Media Awards
> >where assigned. A few topics which arrised there, were:
> >
> >- History of Debian
> >- What is new in Debian Etch
> >- Step by Step installation guide
> >- Full Automatic Installation
> >- Alternative Package Archives
> >  + Debian Unofficial
> >  + Backports.org
> >  + debian-volatile
> >- Porting
> >- Backporting
> >- APT-Pinning
> >- Release Process
> >- Packaging
> >- Virtualization
> >- Debian in Business Critical Areas
> >- HA Solutions
> >- Interaction Debian <-> Ubuntu
> >
> >What did we miss?
> >(...)
>
> Debian Etch on the Desktop. I would be glad write about this subject.

i propably forgot to mention: this will be in the german Linux Magazine,
AFAIU.... :)

[ I´m ccing Rafael Peregrino, brazilian linux magazine chief editor ]

I can write the article in portuguese and english but not in german,
right. Somebody else told about we ask for translators (maybe others
articles could be written in english and then translated). I think it
will be a huge loss for the project miss the chance to inform our
users how better we're from Sarge in terms of desktop installation,
usability and cooperation between the desktop environments (wearing my
debian-desktop admin hat and tasksel member here).

Btw, Rafael are you interested in the article or some others that were
cited above for the brazilian Linux Magazine ? Please cc:
debian-publicity in your answer, or join us. You can see the archive
of this thread at: http://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/

regards,
-- stratus