Re: Tone policing by a member of the community team [Was, Re: Statement regarding Richard Stallman's readmission to the FSF board]

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 03:30:21PM +0000, Thaddeus H. Black wrote:
>On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 02:56:34PM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
>
>Someone might reply by citing the Code of Conduct
>and Diversity Statement, but such citations do not impress me.  The Code
>and Statement were adopted to smooth the Project's work, not to menace
>political undesirables, nor to empower the easily offended.  In my
>strong opinion, Diversity includes everyone, even, especially fascists.
>And do you know what?  The text of the Diversity Statement agrees with
>me, unless one were determined to twist its adverb "constructively" to
>authorize mischievous *deconstruction* of the Project along
>ideological lines.

Umm. Our diversity statement and CoC define agreed expectations of
behaviour and communication within the project; people espousing
fascist ideologies are surely not going to fit those standards. Do you
somehow think they're compatible?

You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me