Re: Announcing miniDebConf Montreal 2020 -- August 6th to August 9th 2020

Hi,

On 19/02/2020 02:54, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

Most probably, the results will be announced by mail (and not
communicated during a meeting), because the bid review process has led
us to need to decide in this way. I cannot speak for the previously
appointed DebConf Committee¹, but for the iteration I have been
delegated for, I can promise you we will not hide problems™ — That is,
once we choose, I can commit that we will not hide the reasoning
behind our choice. Some of it will not be full-public, as -of course-
it includes important human interaction bits, but all important points
will be made public.

I know we cannot speak for the previouls decisions, but I have followed the debates for Montreal, Hsinchu and Curitiba and all of them the last decisions were public.

Only for Haifa the decision was closed. I believe the Committee should back to keep the final decision public because It's not fair with the BIDs that lost.

Best regards,

--
Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana (phls)
Curitiba - Brasil