Re: Announcing miniDebConf Montreal 2020 -- August 6th to August 9th 2020

On 2020/02/18 20:31, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> Right.  But choosing Brazil for a DebConf venue at a time when it did
> not even have national-level anti-discrimination protection for LGBT
> people[*] was done in good taste and was a victory for diversity?  Sure.

No one said or implied anything like that. Brazil was a whole different
kettle of fish and unfortunately things got even more complicated in the
country after the bid was accepted. In the case of Brazil I think it was
the right choice to go ahead with it, and I believe that it's the right
thing to do to support the DC20 team as well, regardless of where
someone stand about the host country. There's enough people who want to
attend and at this stage it would do more harm to cancel than to go
ahead, so imho the right thing to do is to help them where they need it,
and if you don't want to attend there, then the MiniDC a few weeks
before DC might be a good choice.

-Jonathan
--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage