Re: Announcing miniDebConf Montreal 2020 -- August 6th to August 9th 2020

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 06:29:34PM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:

> On a purely personal note, I find it in rather poor taste to talk about
> diversity in the context of having DC in a country with an active
> apartheid regime.

Right.  But choosing Brazil for a DebConf venue at a time when it did
not even have national-level anti-discrimination protection for LGBT
people[*] was done in good taste and was a victory for diversity?  Sure.

Regards,

-Roberto

[*] Such protections have since been enacted.

--
Roberto C. Sánchez