Re: GR proposal: mandating VcsGit and VcsBrowser for all packages, using the "gbp patches unapplied" layout, and maybe also mandating hosted on Salsa

Ulrike Uhlig writes:
> On 26.09.19 08:03, Ansgar wrote:
>> What does stop the recommendations to be outdated in a year or two?
>> Given the long and slow process to gather them, there will probably be a
>> long and slow process to change them; that discourages actually changing
>> them (too high barrier).
>>
>> In my opinion we already have similar problems with other
>> standards/documentation in Debian.
>
> Just to be clear, are you saying: because we think today that we cannot
> commit to maintain documentation we should rather live without it?

No.

> I personally believe that the current long and slow process is due to
> the fact that it is the first time that this process happens.

We already have a long and slow process for official technical
documentation.  There are things that changed a decade ago and aren't
yet updated.

For /recommendations/ which are much more subjective, I expect an even
longer and slower process to update them if someone puts them in written
form.

Ansgar