Re: GR proposal: mandating VcsGit and VcsBrowser for all packages, using the "gbp patches unapplied" layout, and maybe also mandating hosted on Salsa

On 7/23/19 7:31 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> 1- Mandating VcsGit and VcsBrowser, meaning we do mandate using Git for
> packaging.

why is that a reason for a GR?
its a question for the policy editors.
Also you would force everybody to use git, so this is not acceptable at all.

> 2- Mandating using the "gbp patches unapplied" layout for Git, as this
> seems to be the most popular layout, and that we need some kind of
> consistency.

no, thanks. Thats also not a thing to decide in a GR.

> 3- Mandating using Salsa as a Git repository.

If that would really pass a GR, I'll start to remove packages from
Debian....