Re: GR proposal: mandating VcsGit and VcsBrowser for all packages, using the "gbp patches unapplied" layout, and maybe also mandating hosted on Salsa

Hi Holger,

On 24.09.19 15:21, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 08:10:39AM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
>> For several of these recommendations if I cannot get consensus, I will
>> call for a GR myself.
>
> TBH, I'm not thrilled to read this, though of course it's in your rights
> to do that. (I'm afraid such GRs would cost a lot of time which could be
> better spent elsewhere. Of course I might be wrong about this and the
> outcome of those GRs will be worth them.)
>
> OTOH I'd be thrilled to see some progress on reimbursing BSP participants
> and similar stuff. As I see it, the next BSP will happen in a month in
> Vaumarcus...

I find the tone of your objection quite passive aggressive (like most of
your emails that I accidentally read during the past weeks or months on
diverse Debian lists).

That said, if you believe there should be a way to prioritize issues
over other issues, it could be possibly be a process that is actually
negotiated, pain points identified collectively (answering the question
"why did it not happen yet?"), and the issue solved in a respectful way.

Kind regards,
Ulrike