Re: GR proposal: mandating VcsGit and VcsBrowser for all packages, using the "gbp patches unapplied" layout, and maybe also mandating hosted on Salsa

    >> For several of these recommendations if I cannot get consensus, I
    >> will call for a GR myself.

    Scott> What do you think is important enough in this area that you
    Scott> would rather have people not contribute to Debian if they
    Scott> aren't willing to do it your way?

Nothing.
The thing about recommendations is that you don't have to follow them.

I think that recommendations leading toward more uniform practices have
huge value even if  some people don't follow them.
And eventually, when we have enough experience it might well be that
having more uniformity is worth some people not directly contributing to
Debian.
I don't know if we'll ever make that trade off and I know we wouldn't
(and shouldn't) make it today.

--Sam