Re: GR proposal: mandating VcsGit and VcsBrowser for all packages, using the "gbp patches unapplied" layout, and maybe also mandating hosted on Salsa

On 7/23/19 8:05 PM, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> There are genuinely good reasons for *not* using salsa. If the debian
> packaging is directly included as part of the upstream git repo(s)
> somewhere else, for example.

I just has a very interesting conversation with Tollef. If you use a
native package, then it's easy to pull for upstream, and for upstream to
pull from you. That's IMO a nice workaround.

> It's a good thing to encourage salsa
> usage (and I agree 100% with that for most things), but let's not
> argue about making things mandatory please.

If we need exceptions, we can take care of them in the GR text, and even
make the rules for such exceptions explicitly fuzzy. However, I believe
this will concerns a very small amount of packages.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)