Re: GR proposal: mandating VcsGit and VcsBrowser for all packages, using the "gbp patches unapplied" layout, and maybe also mandating hosted on Salsa

Thomas Goirand writes:
> The idea is to be able to use unified tooling. Currently, we can't for
> example easily do a mass-commit on all packages. Or apply a new CI test
> to all packages.

That wouldn't be changed by having all repositories on Salsa.  You would
need to require the same permissions for all packages.

Some packages might even require signing some legal document to
contribute to (unless you NMU them)...

> In for example FreeBSD, it's a way more obvious how to contribute to
> /usr/ports. In Debian, it's not.

Most other distributions I know about seem to have only the packaging
information (debian/*) and not the upstream source in their version
control system.  So more people might be familiar with this; it also
also makes tree-wide changes to packaging much easier ;-)

Ansgar