Re: Please do not publish private emails on the Debian mailing lists.

Le mercredi 06 février 2019 à 19:40:54+0900, Charles Plessy a écrit :
> Le Wed, Feb 06, 2019 at 10:12:33AM +0100, Pierre-Elliott Bécue a écrit :
> >
> > I changed my mind. No more email from Pocock will end en on this list through me. I don't want to give him a tribune.
> >
> > Sorry for the noise, and have a nice day, all !
>
> Hi,
>
> I think that publishing private emails on the Debian lists is highly
> inappropriate.  Thanks for your apologies, but please bear in mind that
> this is not just about noise.  Please do not do that again, with any
> sender.
>
> Cheers,

Hi Charles,

While I agree on the principle, I do think that there are exceptions.

In this particular situation, I stated (a little too aggressively,
actually, sorry for this) explicitely my wish to not receive a reply
from Daniel Pocock. His reply contained nothing personal and could be
appreciated as a classic method of bullying/harrassement.

I'm sorry, but I don't feel I should keep such matters private as I
consider it's exactly the way one can try to intimidate others.

That being said, I carefully read your opinion and will consider twice
or thrice the next time I feel that an email enters in my "exceptions
area".

I'm sorry if this situation has made anyone incomfortable, I admit I was
a bit annoyed by the private email and it may have prompted me to react
a little too quick.

Cheers

--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue
GPG: 9AE0 4D98 6400 E3B6 7528  F493 0D44 2664 1949 74E2