Re: Expulsions Policy

On Sat, Jan 05, 2019 at 06:48:31PM +1000, Russell Stuart wrote:

It probably isn't, because that effort you say is so unreasonable - the
the DAM actually do it.  Did see read the their private email to the
person concerned - that would be it.  This thing you are focusing on,
the written justification wasn't the change I was asking for as they
mostly do it now.  I was asking for something entirely different -
transparency.

Should we also require a detailed opinion from the DAM for each person who
is admitted to the project, or only for those that were once admitted but
who the DAM has subsequently decided to expel?

We have public records of new DMs and DDs with quite verbose
justifications:

- Application Manager recommendations

- plus the supporting messages by people working with prospective
 DMs/DDs,

- plus people sponsoring work before they join (for people working on
 packaging), or similarly reviewing their actions on VCS or working on
 teams (e.g. organising Debconf)

- plus keyring changes notices

- plus announcements every now and then in monthly news or similar about
 "Welcome new contributors / DMs / DDs"

Cheers.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>