Re: On having and using a Code of Conduct

On 15273 March 1977, Matthew Vernon wrote:
Appeals to the DPL wouldn't be compatible with the current version of our constitution.
That is sort-of orthogonal to whether they'd be a good idea or not :) Yes, I see that the constitution specifically prohibits the DPL from withdrawing the delegation of a particular decision and from over-ruling delegates. Presumably DAM could say "we will voluntarily refer appeals to the DPL for their opinion and do as the DPL says", but that might be too much of subverting the intent of the constitution.

If we say that, we would speak against the constitution, as that explicitly mentions DPL not having stuff to do with accounts (8.1.2).

I'm not sure we really want to have people delegated just to review DAM appeals...

No need for that. Footnote 3 of the expulsion procedure mail shows one body we have.

--
bye, Joerg
The answer to life’s problems aren’t at the bottom of a beer bottle, they’re on TV.