Re: On having and using a Code of Conduct

Jonathan Wiltshire <jmw@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, Jan 04, 2019 at 11:26:01AM +0000, Matthew Vernon wrote:
>> Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> writes:

>> > [...]
>> >
>> > There is, since any decision by the DPL or a delegate can be overridden
>> > by General Resolution.
>>
>> This isn't really an appeals process in the usual sense, though - more a
>> Big Red Button. DAM might like to consider letting the DPL be a point of
>> review/appeal?
>
> Appeals to the DPL wouldn't be compatible with the current version of our
> constitution.

That is sort-of orthogonal to whether they'd be a good idea or not :)

Yes, I see that the constitution specifically prohibits the DPL from
withdrawing the delegation of a particular decision and from over-ruling
delegates. Presumably DAM could say "we will voluntarily refer appeals
to the DPL for their opinion and do as the DPL says", but that might be
too much of subverting the intent of the constitution. I'm not sure we
really want to have people delegated just to review DAM appeals...

Matthew

--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."