Re: Planet Debian revisions

On Thu, Jan 03, 2019 at 05:50:03PM +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> On 15271 March 1977, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
>
> > > And I sometimes remove blogs for them just going 5xx. A commit msg
> > > is fine.
> > I still think an email to the author would be a good thing in that case.
> > I have had parts of my site stop functioning and known of it for some
> > time.  An email from someone telling me that it is broken is something I
> > consider to be helpful.
>
> In principle I agree. Now tell me, for a good chunk of the planet blogs,
> which email? Without investing lots of time to find out.

I see your point.  My invalid assumption and my ignorance regarding the
implementation of Planet did not allow me to see that there was a
potential obstacle there.

> > > And who says a commi message is short? Write a novel, if you want.
> > > :)
> > I think we have enough flamewars ongoing at the moment that I am not
> > going to take the bait to start a philosophical/religious discussion on
> > the merits of short/concise commit messages :-)
>
> But but, I was short, I only used 4242 words why I added a comma at that
> position!

Just be sure to keep the first line to a maximum of 72 characters
followed by a hard line break and a blank line so 'git log --oneline'
looks sane.

Regards,

-Roberto

--