Re: Planet Debian revisions

I have built up quite a backlog of email, so I did not see that the
discussion had effectively concluded when I wrote my message.

On Thu, Jan 03, 2019 at 04:25:14PM +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> On 15271 March 1977, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
>
> > Probably better to say something like, "When a blog is removed, the
> > committer should send a direct email message to the author of the
> > removed content explaining the reason for the removal."
>
> Ah please not.
>
> > That keeps potentially loaded statements from being recorded in commit
> > message forever.  It also allows the author something perhaps more
> > complete than a short sentence fragment in a commit message upon which
> > to base a decision on how to proceed.
>
> And I sometimes remove blogs for them just going 5xx. A commit msg is fine.

I still think an email to the author would be a good thing in that case.
I have had parts of my site stop functioning and known of it for some
time.  An email from someone telling me that it is broken is something I
consider to be helpful.

In any event, I don't think it is particularly important enough to
warrant changing something for which consensus has already been
established.

> And who says a commi message is short? Write a novel, if you want. :)

I think we have enough flamewars ongoing at the moment that I am not
going to take the bait to start a philosophical/religious discussion on
the merits of short/concise commit messages :-)

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez