Re: Inappropriate content on planet.debian.org and need of evolution of documentation and CoC

Hi Shirish, all

Sorry for the delay in coming back to this.

Finally, after reading the whole thread about this topic, and with
my anti-harassment team hat on, I can say that we acknowledge that
Shirish is not a harasser and we acknowledge his current efforts to
participate in creating a more inclusive and welcoming environment
in Debian.

Thus, I've proposed the Debian Planet Team to reenable the new
feed he specifically provided for the planet.

Shirish, I hope we can read you back in Planet Debian soon.

Best regards

Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona

El 08/04/17 a las 06:23, shirish शिरीष escribió:
> Reply in-line -
>
> On 08/04/2017, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:
>> Le Fri, Apr 07, 2017 at 03:00:10PM +0530, shirish शिरीष a
>> écrit :
>>>
>>> Could you or anybody else please share even if
>>> unintentionally, I have been demeaning to anybody in my
>>> writings. While I have repeatedly apologized, I would like
>>> to know where I have demeaned people. Everybody is welcome
>>> to point to me either publicly or privately what is/was
>>> demeaning in my writing.
>>
>> Hi Shirish and everybody,
>>

> Hi Charles,
>
>> I think that there is a broad consensus that the core problem
>> is the image that you included, not the writings.
>>
>> On my side, do trust you that you did not intend to hurt
>> anybody, and that you did not intend the use of this image to
>> be eye-catching to attract readers, nor to convey derogatory
>> messages about women.  But Debian is a very broad community,
>> so if you are told that the image has made Debian less
>> welcoming than it should, and that it has put people at risk to
>> lose their jobs, you (and > me) have to trust that.
>>

> I understand both the concerns which have been bought and shared
> before.
>
>> If I could sugest a good way out of this situation, it would
>> be that you acknowledge (briefly) that you understood that
>> images are sensitive materials that have much more potential to
>> harm others than just plain text, >and that you will be careful
>> in the future.  In return, I think that it would fair if the
>> anti-harassment team would also acknowledge that you are not a
>>> harrasser,to cleary any possible misunderstanding if a third
>> party stumbles in     > the archives of this discussion at
>> some point in the future.
>>

> I do acknowledge that images have more potential to harm others,
>  although I believe in exact opposite that words have both the
> power to heal and burn in ways images never can.
>
> Nevertheless, I did say sorry in
> https://flossexperiences.wordpress.com/2017/04/06/the-fatalistic-att
itude/

but if there is anything more that is needed to be done by me which
> will make amends I'm ready to do that. If it is simply to
> ackowledge here on the mailing list, have done that. If it is to
> acknowledge on another blog post that my choice of picture was
> not great and be more sensitive in choosing pictures am ready to
> do that as well.
>
> For my part, I also tried asking the same question in
> https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/is-there-a-way-to-make-photos-
covered-or-content-covered?

But as can be seen no one has bothered to reply as of yet. I