Re: Code of Conduct violations handling process

On Wed, Sep 03 2014, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> As far as I can tell, he spoke the truth as he knows it.  I have no
> idea if he's right or wrong, but he was stating his perspective and we
> ought to be open to that.

> While he could have phrased it better, I don't think the CoC protects
> people from having to hear opinions relevant to the project that they
> disagree with or make then feel bad because they are being accused of
> bad behavior.

        Often the difference between expressing an opinion in an
 acceptable manner and expressing it unacceptably is indeed how one
 phrases it, so the devil lies in the details

        Having said that, I have just rewatched the talk, and I
 personally was not offended. I do think calling people bigots is rude,
 and in a way attacks their expression of their closely held opinions --
 which is exactly what people here seem to want to defend.

        People associated with the FSF or those who feel i sympathy with
 them feel offended, I find it somewhat disappointing that we care so
 little about people being offensive, given the progress we have made.

        manoj
--
"Civilization is the progress toward a society of privacy." Howard
Roark, in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead_