Re: Claiming the "debian" account on GitHub ? [and 1 more messages]

]] Yaroslav Halchenko

> * If we start using this organization as intended (i.e. placing our
>   clones for maintained software), since the listing of the
>   repositories get sorted by recency, README.Debian will sink to the
>   bottom thus killing its visibility and thus its intended purpose

I'd recommend avoiding this, as people are likely to see pull requests
for software and that'll break any naive mirroring of git repositories
at least, since those branches show up as undeletable remotes. (As for
having anything official of Debian on github, I don't think we should
have it, since I think it's pointless, but I can't say it bothers me
particularly much in one direction or the other.)

--
Tollef Fog Heen