Re: Claiming the "debian" account on GitHub ?

Le Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 10:01:00AM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko a écrit :

> > > Then they should be fixed, too.
> > I deleted the GitHub account.
>
> Would you mind if I push README which you originated, Charles?
> Since there were no license terms attached, if you disagree I guess I
> will have to rewrite some parts to avoid infringing ;)

Thanks a lot for taking the administrative burden on your shoulders !

Please use the README as if it were in public domain, and feel free to
relicense it for the sake of consistency or any other reason.

By the way, I do understand that such "Debian" accounts on non-free platforms
are creating disagreement in our community, and I try to limit my use of them.
Along these lines, I just left the "Debian" group on LinkedIn (which does not
have a disclaimer nor links to Free replacements...).  But my personnal feeling,
which I understand is not shared by all - and that diversity is very welcome -
makes me think that it is a good thing to make a step forward in the direction
of our Upstreams even if they are on GitHub.  For the record, I also asked
Upstream why they chose this non-Free platform instead of a Free one.

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan