Re: Claiming the "debian" account on GitHub ? [and 1 more messages]

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 01:30:49PM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> * on a 2nd thought I am not sure if this organization would be
>   actually used much anyways.  It is much easier for people just to keep
>   their clones of public repositories on github in their personal accounts
>   on github.  So, we might adjust README.md later on removing listing of
>   such a purpose and just keeping this GitHub organization just for the
>   sake of placeholder/pointer to Debian project.

If anything it may be nice to mirror some "important" Debian software (say
dpkg, debhelper, lintian, ...) on GitHub like the Apache Foundation does [0]
(also see [1]).

AFAIK those mirrors are completely automated and would allow GitHub users to
follow the development of a few interesting Debian projects. Also, I don't know
of the other git hosting platforms, but it may be done there as well.

Cheers

[0] https://github.com/apache
[1] https://github.com/mirrors

--