Re: Better visibility of "what can you do with Debian" on the Debian main page

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011, Steffen Möller wrote:
> >And because there was a mail about not accepting the term app store
> >because repository is such a good name:  I have no idea whether
> [...]
> How about "Free App Store" ?  The double meaning of "Free"

So far I think this was be the best in terms of ease of comprehension
by outsiders... may be it could be further qualified as
"Free and Open App Store"? (FOAS)

for that wikipedia knows only
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FOAS
Future Offensive Air System

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/FOAS
provides more thorough coverage of the acronym:

FOAS    Future Offensive Air System
FOAS    First Order Abstract Syntax (computing)
FOAS    Fiber Optic Acoustic Sensors (Northrop Grumman)
FOAS    Friends of Albert Schweitzer (England, UK)
FOAS    Footsteps of a Stranger (song)
FOAS    Friends of the Animal Shelter of St. Bernard, Inc. (Chalmette, LA)

so it seems that even trademark-ing could be available ;-)

in contrast to
http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/FOSS
it is even more unique:

FOSS    Free and Open Source Software
FOSS    Free / Open-Source Software
FOSS    Full Option Science System
FOSS    Fiber-Optic Sensor System
FOSS    Forum of Small States (UN)
FOSS    Follow-On System Stock
FOSS    Fiber Optics Sonar System
FOSS    Faculty Online Support Service
FOSS    Federal Intelligence Security Service
FOSS    Family Of System Study