Re: Better visibility of "what can you do with Debian" on the Debian main page

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 09:54:40AM -0700, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> I think a case could be made for Debian's apt system being the original
> "app store"

Yes.  That's what I wanted to say in my previous mail!

And because there was a mail about not accepting the term app store
because repository is such a good name:  I have no idea whether
repository is such a good name for native speakers.  For non native
speakers it is not.  A store became somehow internationalised and
everybody understands this term.  I would bet that 90% of non-geeks
non-english speakers will perfectly understand the term "application
store" but have problems to understand "application repository".  In
the circle of my friends I would say it tends to 100%.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de